Last modified: August 10, 2020
Thank you for using RelocationOnline Hosted Relocation Services.
The personal data we collect depends on how you interact with us, the Services you use, and the choices you make. We collect and process personal data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the Services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
We collect data about you in various ways when you use our Services, including information you provide directly, information collected automatically, and third-party data sources.
Please Note: To the extent that you are accessing our Services as enabled by a third-party relocation service provider or employer that is acting as a data controller (“Relocation Data Controller”), RelocationOnline processes such data for the sole purposes of providing services requested by such Relocation Data Controller and in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Each such Relocation Data Controller is responsible for establishing its own privacy statement that describes those activities. If you are interested in how the Services may process your information as a part of services provided by a Relocation Data Controller, please review their privacy statement.
Collection of Information
Personal Information about You – All Users
When you create an account with us, or when an account is created for you, we require that certain information about you is provided. This information may include your full name, an active email address, password, and telephone number(s). You may also provide certain optional information associated with your profile such as a profile picture.
As a visitor to our Site, you may also provide personal information to us such as name and email address if you wish to receive more information about the Services.
When you are asked to provide personal data, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide data that is necessary for the Services, certain features may not be available or function correctly.
Information about Your Relocation – Relocation Users Only
As a Relocation User, you may use the Site and Services to assist with your relocation and receive support from Service Users. You may provide, or the Service User may provide for you, certain information related to your relocation. This may include:
- demographic information such as date of birth, nationality, gender, and marital status;
- employer and job information;
- information about your family and related to your immigration and visa applications and status (including passport, birth certificate, driver’s license, and other government ID information);
- your origin and destination locations, relocation dates and housing and schooling preferences;
- property information and listings you are or may be interested in;
- comments and other material.
We may combine information you provide us with information we receive from Service Users and other sources.
Collection of Information Automatically
Our Sites and Services require cookies to function properly. Cookies are small text files that reside on your computer. Cookies collect information about when you visit our Sites, including information about your device and a unique identifier that distinguishes your device from other devices. Cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time. Some cookies are “session cookies”. These exist only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies”. These cookies survive after your browser is closed until a defined expiration date. They can be used by websites to recognize your computer when you open your browser and browse the internet again.
Our Sites or emails we may send you may contain web beacons. Web beacons are used to monitor user activity and other related web statistics.
Third Party Analytics
Third parties who provide us with analytics services for the Sites and Services may also automatically collect some of the information described above, including, for example, IP address, access times, browser type and language, device type, device identifiers and Wi-Fi information. Please consult the respective privacy policies and statements of these third parties for more information, including how Google, Mixpanel, and New Relic use this data. You may opt-out of certain tracking capabilities of some third parties at the following links:
Collection of Information from Third-Party Sources
- If you are a Relocation User, from your employer, Service Users or other relocation service provider(s)
- If you are a Service User, from your employer
Use of Your Information
Information collected by RelocationOnline is used for the following purposes:
- To provide the services to you and assist with your relocation;
- To understand how you and others are using the Services in order to make them better;
- To personalize your experience, and otherwise tailor the Services to your preferences;
- To provide you with customer service and support;
- To send you transactional or security information about your use of the Services;
- As a website visitor or other individual that requests to be contacted by us, to send you information about the Services;
- To enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users; and
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, infringing, or illegal activity.
If you are a Service User, we may also use your information to contact you regarding billing, invoicing, and related business updates or alerts.
For clarity, to the extent that we are processing your information as directed by a Relocation Data Controller, all use of your Information will be solely pursuant to their directions and in accordance with applicable law and regulation.
Disclosure of Your Information
RelocationOnline may share your information with your consent. We may also share your information in the following ways:
- With your employer, potential employer, and/or applicable Service Users, as a part of providing the Services to you and assisting with your relocation;
- With our current or future affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, or other companies under common control, in which case we will require them to honor this policy. We may also share your information in connection with or during a merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving the sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company;
- With third party service providers in order to provide some functionality related to the Services we provide (for example, data hosting providers).
We may also share your information on an aggregate basis, for example through anonymized group-level usage reports.
You may also choose to share information through the service by posting content that is visible to other users or by sending messages to other users. Information that is posted in semi-public portions of the site may be available to other users of the Services. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs and those of others as you choose what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public.
Location of Personal Data
We transfer personal data from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection. When we do so, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, to help ensure your rights and protections. The European Commission’s decisions on the adequacy of personal information protections provides more information.
Data Storage and Retention
RelocationOnline retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide services requested by you or by relocation service providers on your behalf, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine retention include:
- How long is the personal data needed to provide applicable services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of the Sites, keeping our systems secure, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records.
- Do users provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? In such cases, we may maintain the data until actively deleted by the user.
- Is the personal data of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time may be appropriate.
- Is RelocationOnline subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
Information Access and Choices
If you have an account, you may view and update certain information we have about you by logging into your account. If you otherwise wish to ask for access, correction, or deletion of any of your personal data held by us or a change in the way we use your information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. However, RelocationOnline may decline requests that are unreasonable, prohibited by law, or are not required to be honored by applicable law.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out” of receiving further marketing emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, and as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys. You may also contact us at email@example.com at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails.
Cookies and Tracking
Many web browsers accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually change your browser's settings to reject and/or to remove many cookies. As the precise means by which you may do this will vary from browser to browser, please visit your browser's help menu for more information.
If you choose one of these options, your choices will apply only to the specific browser and device from which you opt out and will not affect activities on other browsers or different devices. Please note also that if you choose to reject or remove cookies, this may prevent certain features or services of the Sites and Services from working properly.
There are many ways through which web browser signals and other similar mechanisms (for example, “Do Not Track”) can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and, while we and others give you choices described in this policy, we do not currently honor these mechanisms.
European Data Protection Rights
If the processing of personal data about you is subject to European Union data protection law, you have certain rights with respect to that data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of your personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can to object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances; and
- For residents of France, you can send us specific instructions regarding the use of your data after your death.
To make such requests, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When we are processing data on behalf of another party such as a Relocation Data Controller, you should direct your request to that party. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, but we encourage you to first contact us with any questions or concerns.
We attach great importance to the security of your data and use commercially reasonable measures designed to safeguard against unauthorized access to data, avoid loss of data, and maintain data accuracy.
We encourage you to help us by taking precautions when you use our Sites and ask you to notify us immediately of any security issues or unauthorized use of your account.
Upon first use of our Services, you will be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and agree not to disclose your password to any third party. We recommend that you use a unique password for the Sites that is different from passwords you use on other sites or services.
Contacting Us About Privacy Concerns